• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Going to 1 tons. What is the best width axle

tegillen

NAXJA Forum User
Upgrading to stronger axles. What is going to be the optimal width. Will be running 37s. Full width seems to much. Stock width is to narrow.Thanks for your opinions. I am expecting to narrow the housings.

65" or a poss offset wheel on a 67(stockish D60/14B) width.

Poss offset wheel is better all around.

37x12.50-17 on full width (78/79 Ford) axles,Hummer H2 wheel and stock flares.

20141021_174145_zpsee81e94f.jpg

^lol I was going to say the same thing. Its not nearly as bad as people think

I run a 63" WMS 14b. . No cutting just srw with dually hubs. And the front is a 65 WMS hp44 with deeper BS. I think 65 up front is too wide but 63" seems perfect .

I've got a dana 60-isu sitting on my workbench that I've had all cleaned up. It's a future long term product. I think it is 67" wms. I'm debating taking 2.75" out of the long side like EricsXJ did to center the diff. I think 65" would be pretty good, but I'll probably wait to do anything with it until I get a front 60. May just leave them full width since the jeep doesn't see the street much anymore.

I'm running a 1/2 ton hp44 with 8 lug outers at 67ish and an old dodge 60 at 65" with h2s and 37s and it works good.. I'm going to space the rear to match the front a little.. I think 65-67 is a width

I will be doing a '78 Ford D60 at 6.25" and a '03 AAM 14-bolt at 68.5". I will be using wheels with 5.5" backspacing to suck the tires in. I believe H2 wheels have 5.5" backspacing.

Back