• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wheels

Any XJ wheel will fit your XJ. XJ's came with several different 15" and 16" wheels.

You can also use Ford Ranger wheels, Liberty Wheels and -06 Wrangler wheels.

I have 16" Liberty wheels on my wife's XJ.

Pretty much any 5x4.5 bolt pattern wheel will fit your Jeep.

The stock tire is a 225 X 75 X 15

What is the WIDEST tire I can get without hitting the frame when I turn the wheel all the way to one side?

What if i switched to 16" dia wheels from a Liberty?
Would my speedo read incorrectly or does it drive off of the trans....ie, no difference

Dude, I can't mess with you. You're making it a little easy.

Go read a bunch of stuff on google about up sizing wheels, tire diameters and gear ratios. Save yourself the headache of asking silly questions and getting sarcastic comments.

The stock tire is a 225 X 75 X 15

What is the WIDEST tire I can get without hitting the frame when I turn the wheel all the way to one side?

What if i switched to 16" dia wheels from a Liberty?
Would my speedo read incorrectly or does it drive off of the trans....ie, no difference

You can compensate (slightly) for a wider tire by adjusting the steer stop on the knuckle. The speedometer will read differently with different sized tires. You have to change the speedo gear in the transmission if it bothers you. I alternate between the stock 16" rims that my XJ came with and street tires and 15" OEM rims with 31" mud tires. I can tell you, running 31s on a 15" rim, my speedo is about 10 mph off. After driving 10 miles actual, my odometer will have marked up 11.1 miles.

You can easily fit a 235/75R15 with zero issues.

I have 245/70R16's on my wife's Jeep with zero lift and had to replace the lower control arms with Grand Cherokee LCA's to prevent rubbage.

Backspacing also makes a large difference in what size tire you can run.

Embrace your inner sawzall and you can run whatever tire you want.

If you are refering to JK wheels or WJ wheels, they will not work without an adapter because the lug pattern is different than the XJ.

Back