• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Would these tires rub much?

workman13

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 97 cherokee stock. I plan on doing a 2" budget boost in the next month or so and a 3" lift in the next year. I have a set of 31 km2's. Found a guy on craigslist wanting to trade a set of BFG AT'S 31'S WITH AROUND 60% tread for factory wheels and tires. Would those rub too much with no lift? It would just be until i was able to do the 2" lift.

On stock wheels they'd run the lower control arms at full lock and scrub the rear flares with any dip you hit in the road.

They can work with moderate trimming.

You could space out the nut on the steering knuckle to stop the full lock before you get into the LCAs with just a wrench and 6 washers. I wouldn't worry about it.

I think you'd be fine on the rears, but maybe Andy is right. My XJ came with the metric equivalent of 30" tires from the factory on 16" rims and I had no issues stock. I can't see the extra inch being a real hindrance stock.

What kind of budget boost are you doing? Call Teraflex and get their front coil spacer, then go to the junkyard and get rear shackles from a Ram pick up and you have your 2 inches on the cheap.

Rubbing in the rear will depend a lot on wheel backspacing, but you'll definitely hit the flares with no lift and 31s when going over bumps.

My wife's XJ would hit the flares with 235/75/15s and steelies with around 4" of backspacing if I really bottomed the suspension out.

Back