• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

got bored tonight

Here is a better visual for the bob.

Bobbed.jpg

i need to do a bit more digging around, i want to bob a foot out to make the bed 6 foot. but i am starting to wonder if there are more options at a slightly long bed.

Might be cool with about a 4' bed with equal sheetmetal in front and behind the wheel opening and alter the wheelbase accordingly. You could even have room to dual tank it with a stock MJ tank in stock location, and a stock XJ tank behind the axle...

I wanted to keep as much bed as possible... so I eyeballed the rear shackle and took a quick measurement and cut. If I ever go 4 link I'll definitely cut more but for now my departure angle is dictated by my rear shackle.

Bob it like you photoshopped but *no* to the exo forward of the cab. Run the diagonal cab-to-bed bar, but use square tube - and port it though the rear of the cab to make a hybrid cage (cab = interior)
That's my vote, anyway.

exo and cage work is still far off for me. i have the tools and skills to bob the bed and bolt a contractor rack on, but with out a bender its kind of hard to make a cage. who knows i'll probably black mail my buddy into helping me do some cage work in exchange for hauling his junk when he moves.

Back