• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1 1/2 hour painless transfer case swap

crofoot

NAXJA Forum User
So it took all of five days for my granddaughter to stand the 100% restored 1989 Waggy on it's tail by climbing a tree then flop it on it's top.OUCH!so much for her sixteen bday gift.long story short bought an 88 that was in nice shape with bad transfer case,chain had actually worn through the case! I FOUND a shop here in town that rents bays with tools and lift for $40 per hour took both jeeps there and had the 88 up and running in no time.This place was cool!It is stews self service garage.He said mention NAXJA and he would give a 20% discount.Now to see if I can jb weld the old case install new chain and make the wrecked Saggy into topless crawler.

Last edited:
What a lucky grandkid!

Have you considered getting a salvage transfer case instead of trying to repair the chain-worn one? Either pulling it yourself at a pick a part or getting it through ie car-part.com. Should run you around 150-250 and give you a bit more piece of mind than a smear of JB Weld :)

Back