• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dodge 2500 steering upgrade?

Ben824

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so I did a lot of searching on this and found absolutely nothing.

Someone in a local Facebook jeeper group said he did an inverted T steering conversion upgrade using dodge 2500 TREs and didn't have to ream the knuckles.

Can anyone confirm this and if it is true shed some light on the subject for me?

And before you ask, yes he is running a stock D30 front axle.

why don't you ask him?

Considering dodge 2500 knuckles are bolt in replaced by Ford F-250 knuckles (pre-superduty) I'm going to call BS on your facebook friend.

I know that the TRE's in my ironman4x4fab tie rod, and some other aftermarket, use a "3/4-ton" TRE, Which has a larger shank, but the same taper as our factory knuckles.
PN as of last time I ordered them.
ES2848L
ES2847R
IIRC, years ago someone mentioned that the application is a late 80's Dodge Ram 3/4-ton (250, I guess?) Van. But the PN above are correct if that is what you want to a "bolt-in" for stock XJ knuckles.

Here's an ebay link for the pair if you are interested.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-TIE-ROD-E...Parts_Accessories&hash=item20b6bbf0c4&vxp=mtr
Not a bad price, not 100% on the quality tho.

Interesting information.

If what I found is correct those Dodge tie rods have a 3/4"-16 thread on the rod end (1/2"-20 for the stud thread).

Worth filing away.

Thank you.

Not that it's the be-all end-all but the ZJ stuff is ~7/8 diameter with a 1/2-20 nut.
The dodge stuff would be nice if you were building a DOM link for strength but you'd be losing shank vs off the shelf easy stuff.

Back