• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Herculiner UV Resistance?

pbiancardi

NAXJA Forum User
Was planning on doing my rockers and some other parts of Jeep (to cover POR-15 rust repairs) and initial research pointed me towards Herculiner so that is what I did. I have done some reading since and now I see issues with UV resistance? I just did over the weekend, is there something else I should do to the finish to help or just deal with it if / when it grays?

They make a UV protection that you can paint on over the herculiner. it will fade if you don't add the uv protector. Up to you whether or not the fading is a big deal though.

I've heard clear coating over it will help

Works good cuz its "flat". we have tried several things. The lab in Vegas recommends a urethane over coating. Otherwise known as "single stage" you can get it in several types. I just don't like how long the single stage takes to dry. You might be able to get it in your factory color.

Bronze.

Last edited:
Back