• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 30 knuckle compatability

blubullett

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone know if there is any difference between the knuckles installed on our front axles? I have a 95 and was wondering if I can use any year knuckle or if I have to get one from the mid 90's. Thank you for any help.

Probably the easiest way to check is to see what years use the same unit bearing and/or disc as yours.

The knuckles are all the same after 1990. The early style is visibly different because the pad holder is held on by two bolts instead of being a single cast piece.

As far as I can make out looking at the parts list is 94-99 is the same part numbers (5206 7576 right, 5206 7577 left) for the knuckles.

91-93 has different part numbers depending on ABS, non ABS and year.

bild hochladen

Jeep changed their part numbers in 2000, so the knuckles may be the same or different, I have no way to cross reference this.

My standard disclaimer is, I have really bad eyes, so double checking any of my numbers is your responsibility. :)

Last edited:
the knuckles are all the same after they switched from 2 piece. even YJs and TJs are the same.

the unit bearings are different.

Two types of knuckle designs were used: 1984 to 1989 and 1990 to 2001. TJ and ZJ are the same, I am not sure about YJ.

Back