• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

muffler for stroker

XJensen

NAXJA Forum User
The New Rig Has A Hesco 4.5L With Stock Air Box And Stock Exhaust Plus A Flowmaster.
The Sound Isnt To Bad Until I HitFreeway SpeedsThe Drone Is Deafening.
I Dont Care For A Loud Rig. What Mufflers Are You Using To Keep The Beast Quite?

best bet is take your doors off and the road noise will drown out the exhaust drone.

I really like Magnaflow, hate Flowmaster. Magnaflow is straight through design for best performance but dose not drone badly. and matched up with a resonator sounds very good.

A straight-thru muffler, like Magnaflow, bullet performance, Dynomax ultraflo, etc. Will have no drone. You can get them as short or as long as you want. I would guess that you will want at least an 18" if not a 20 or 22"

I suggest one of the above, or a spintech muffler. Spintech is known for their oval pipe ( extra clearance ) Do not have to use the oval tho.

Straight through. Like I said, since its straight through there is no drone.
Amazon seems to have the best prices, Prime FTW!
Otherwise, maybe Jegs since they offer free shipping.

IMG_20140925_232627005_zpspkjwfxqs.jpg

I don't actually know what it is. The local exhaust shop gave it to me exactly for those times I don't want the motor to drone on (like loading the trailer at 4am).

Works bitchin tho...

What version of Flowmaster did you get? Most shops sell 40 series. Yes loud.. I have stroker and a 50 series Delta Flow and not too bad at all.. Can still hear my Aussie clicking in the corners and music does not need to be all the way up.. With the doors off the acoustic sound of ramming a cinder block through 75 mph wind is waaaaaay louder than the exhaust..

Straight through. Like I said, since its straight through there is no drone.
Amazon seems to have the best prices, Prime FTW!
Otherwise, maybe Jegs since they offer free shipping.

Calling be on this one, ran a straight though dynomax, was the worst muffler ever for droning, worst then my flow master 40 with gutted cat and no tailpipe

Dig the note of the Flowmaster I've got. Don't know what series it is, it does remind me of the experience of removing the old 4.0l, with a shredded piston skirt at #6, for a Mopar crate 4.7l. It took a month, and I did it for myself.:exclamati

i ran a long chamber magnaflow on my last XJ, nice deep sound at low speeds and no drone on the highway. i had a flowmaster on it before dumped before the axle and it was fun at first but got annoying after the first few months. my new xj is getting another magnaflow when i can get enough $ together.

I think dumping at the axle and not past the bumper might add to the

Back