• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Crazy ABS thing

I<3Mud

NAXJA Forum User
So heres an absolute crazy story and I'm wondering if I'm the only one or just lucky to belong to a group of few who have had the same thing happen...

I did a HP Dana 30 swap (locked of course:greensmok) on my 4.0 98 ZJ but it did not have the slots for the ABS sensors. So the ABS light has been on for a while. After fixing my exhaust (wound up redoing the whole thing including a header) I had to reset the ECU as my check engine light was on from o2 sensor failure... What i found was that the ABS light cleared itself. Which is strange enough because everything i read online stated that just clearing with an OBDII tool isn't supposed to do anything with ABS but either way the ABS light is off! I have no ABS sensors up front plugged in but my light has been off for the last 200 miles. The bulb is not blown either. I took it to a garage and they told me it wasn't possible and that there must be a code or something wrong. The manager had to give me the 20$ diagnostic fee back because in the 45 minutes he and his mechanic spent plugging things in and running diagnostics the Jeep hadn't once thrown any ABS code and neither did the ABS light come on. that was a week ago and still no light. Has anyone even ever heard of this before? Why has my jeep decided to be so cooperative all the sudden and be so kind as to eliminate a system in which i hate and save me the trouble of switching parts over on my front axle?

Interesting... Try a little test on a smooth dirt road. 2wd, going about 15 mph, lock it up and see if abs is still operational. Might want to make sure that the road is clear for a ways in front of you just in case you can't stop:rolleyes:

Are any of the sensor plugged in at all? Technically the light should be on.

Interesting... Try a little test on a smooth dirt road. 2wd, going about 15 mph, lock it up and see if abs is still operational. Might want to make sure that the road is clear for a ways in front of you just in case you can't stop:rolleyes:
Its just going to lock the wheels up and ABS won't activate.

I'm not complaining at all. I'm very happy just left in a state of awe... I'll probably ask on nagca... If I'm lucky I won't be the only one online over there

Back