• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Locked out of Jeep

trd_xj42

NAXJA Forum User
So I bought a different Jeep to replace the one I wrecked. I was swapping over the keyless entry module so I could use the old remote I had since the new Jeep didn't have any remotes. I tested the module and was taking it back in the house to finish assembling the console when I realized I had left the Jeep locked and grabbed the old keys. I've searched and have seen members offer to PM some tips, but that's it. I was hoping someone could PM me the instructions. Thanks.

I tried unbolting the hatch latch, but that seems like it is going to take a large amount of force to get it to open.

Power locks.
I don't pay for triple A, but I may have something similar through my insurance. I'm 30 mi from town and about 100 from a Jeep dealership, if I were to have a new key cut. Would Chrysler dealerships be the only ones that could cut a key off the VIN, or can GM and Ford do that too?

its really easy to remove the rear quarter windows. with about 3 screw drivers I can usually pop them out in under 5minutes. Pulled countless quarter panel windows.

Posting a video on how to do this would be great, I'm sure many here would appreciate it.
Thanks

Ya just to be clear not the quarter windows in the doors, the rear windows that reside over the quarter panels.

I am just glad he did not have a blanket stuck in the rear hatch ala bimmer style....

Back