• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HELP: Broken 1997-Up Rear Wiper Nozzle "Nipple"

JKashat

NAXJA Forum User
So, I had my XJ detailed recently... Needless to say, when I got it back, I noticed the little nipple on the rear wiper motor where the hose for the sprayer attaches to was broken off. It's basically a plastic trim piece with the nipple on it that goes over the nut on tailgate that holds motor in place. I know that I could grab some tool and hit the salvage yard, but that's not really a possibility for me now as I am recovering from a ruptured Achilles tendon (my luck, right leg), so I cannot drive. Does anyone know where I can get one? Is there a MOPAR or aftermarket part number for this? Not that I need a rear wiper motor, but would this part come it? Thanks!!!

I did the same thing, so I used epoxy putty to form a new attachment. I will look for pictures of it if you need. You can go to town on epoxy putty with a dremel or sandpaper to make whatever shape you want after it dries. In total the fix cost me $3 at the hardware store down the street for the putty plus some black enamel spray paint to protect it.

Thanks for the link, but I don't think thats what I'm looking for.
I did the same thing, so I used epoxy putty to form a new attachment. I will look for pictures of it if you need. You can go to town on epoxy putty with a dremel or sandpaper to make whatever shape you want after it dries. In total the fix cost me $3 at the hardware store down the street for the putty plus some black enamel spray paint to protect it.

I though about drilling the hole out more and putting a fitting in there, but I've been working so hard a getting the xj right that I don't want to start cutting corners now.

Not sure what 97+ looks like but on my 96 I replaced the plastic piece with a new one from the dealer. When that one broke I decided it was a bad design and went a different direction. I carefully reamed the hole to 1/8" for about 1/4" deep (using a 1/8" drill bit in a pin vise), then epoxied a short piece of 1/8" od brass tube in the hole. Several years now and still working great.

Jason

I found another seller of this item on eBay. It was like $16-17 dollars shipped, so I figured it was cheap enough to take a chance at buying it with the hopes that it is what I need, we'll see. I'll post up my findings once it arrives. Thanks!

Back