• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trimmed Fenders and Napier, BW, Etc Flare Dilema.

Cburb88XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so ive read up on this a little bit i have crappy edge trimming flares and they are kinda just driving me nuts, i was temped to do tube flares but jeep tubes is out of business now and besides all that they are pricey as hell so maybe later down the road.

I was looking at napier and really like those flares, the rears im sure will fit my jeep because they are just regular cut and fold but my front is cut a little past the bolt holes. basically its cut at the highest curved body line of the old flares if that gives you an idea, a fair amount cut but nothing crazy. i wanna make sure these will fit the front without too much headache. I figured hopefully i would just have to trim the inside of the flares at the least.If anyone has done this or knows anything it would help alot.

Im not trying to dump a ton of money out the napiers are pretty affordable and like the look, only other ones i like are bushwhacker flat flares but i dont think they will work right with how much i have cut out. Thanks

I was cut before the flares and they went on fine. Great product!

cbHHB71.jpg

I cut even more, especially in the rear of the front fender wells.

sxmDnSS.jpg

Ok thanks so you cut even more then that first pic? Because I cut a little higher then that even. That style line is gone. I'm really leaning towards these specially with price.

yes the "style" line the one under the stock flare was trimmed off to get the flare to be right up on the top body line on the fender. they are definitely a great option, I am pretty sure there is a NAXJA discount too, doug is a great vendor. As long as there is fender where you see my screws you will be fine drilling the holes you need! another benefit is that it stiffens up the floppy trimmed fenders.

Alright thanks that helps. I might end up buying these then.

Napier and rusty's original flairs are the best bang for the buck and about the only none metal flair I'd run. BW are priced High and the cutouts take up way to much realestate for my liking.

I have a couple of Napier gifts cert that I could part with for cheap. Napier said that they will stack. PM me if interested and we can talk.

Never been a flare person, but I got a set of the Napier's to make my rig a little more street legal. They are strong, fit nice, look nice, the tires don't try to tear them off. I dig em.

I've had bushwacker's before they feel very cheap/flimsy and they are thin around the bolts, these are pretty solid!

As far as the Bushwacker Flat fenders, I think if you have already cut your fenders you are SOL, they require very particular cutting.

image.jpg

IMG_4701.jpg

Also, here's how my fenders were cut before installation, for reference!

IMG_4728.jpg

Last edited:
Alright thanks yea the bw flats mount strange using some factory holes. Not sure when I'll get different flares but napier is definitely looking favorable to me unless I get tube flares.

Love my Rusty's steel flares! Yeah, big bucks - but I'm done in that department and they won't tear off.

Back