• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone got pics of a 97'+ 231and 242 rear output shaft

Demonoid369

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
So I had a fellow jeeper give me a supposedly 97'+ 231 rear output shaft that was HnT, so I went to compare it to my previous purchase of a unknowingly -96' rear output(didn't know it was that before)
The machines areas for the seals are different indicating its not a early model output shaft.
pynunaqu.jpg

Early model shaft on the right and "97'+ shaft" on the left.
Now I tried to search up some pics but I've gotten very little luck and more confusion than id like, looking at pics, the shaft on the left indicated that it is a 242 rear output shaft?!?! The upper half of the shaft doesn't have any spaces between the splines, it goes the full length unlike the 96' shaft that has the spaces/section of no spline. See where I'm confused?
Just trying to see if anyone has a spare legitimate 97'+ 231 output shaft that I can compare it too.

Left looks like the later shaft, right looks like an earlier shaft. Both 231, neither are 242 shafts. This might help: http://www.4xshaft.com/SYE_detail.asp Also, its called a main shaft typically, which might help in your googling.

Back