• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Has anyone ever flatfendered their XJ?

csudman

NAXJA Forum User
Removed the lights and relocated to the bumper or somthing. I also realize that the coil tower is part of the structure of the front end. I'm thinking about boxing the frame and biulding a brace across the engine to renforce them. Thoughts?

You mean like this------
03_015.jpg

03_004.jpg

I wish it was mine!!!!!

I don't plan on biulding a complete new sub frame. Although an Exo is in the future I will be building a custom narrow bumper and running tubing around my newly trimed fenders and attaching to the front my rock rails. That will be the start of the exo

DOES IT HAVE ANYTHING LEFT FROM JEEP CHEROKEE OTHER THAN PARTS OF BODY?

JUST WONDERING!!!!

That's the exact rig I was thinking of posting a pic of. I saw it in a mag, but only one small pic. I LOVE it. Any other pics or specs or build up pics anywhere? Jeff

For pics try www.texasautogear.com Most little guys dont like the 'big' rigs, it's penis envy. :D That thing is sweet, love the Rockwells.

As for bracing the coil towers, good luck. You'd have to build a kind of girdle to surround the coil pocket area. And then relocate your coil/breakers/electronics (passenger side), ww bottle/airbox (drivers side).

All this for a mild rig, I wouldn't bother. If you just want the 'look' then get an import strut tower & bolt it on. Then you'll be cool.

I've got 44/60's for it, I'm gonna run 37's. I've got 8" right now. But that could all change. I don't want anymore lift. Gonna build Exo w/ interior supports "X" across pillars. Flipping rear leafs, maybe relocating the gas tank. Probably end up w/ fuel cell. Gonna run erocc. And Win!

Back