• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JCR 1 Ton Steering Questions

D-Schmidt

NAXJA Forum User
Ok I bought a 1 ton steering from Drmoab last weekend. Showed a fellow jeeper at work and according to him I will have issues with this set up. A few things he said I would have issues with is the steering hitting my quick disconnects and I would have to cut and relocate them. Another is my steering will hit my differential cover while flexing. Does anyone else have this set up? Is any of this in fact true? Thanks for your help.

Under or over the knuckle?

OTK = moving the axle side swaybar mounts (and you should relocate your track bar as well)
UTK = no change necessary.

Either should clear a stock diff cover. If you're running an aftermarket cover, YMMV.

If im reading this right, your both new here, and his post was on-point and informative. He has every right to make posts like these.

how do you figure i'm new and i understand seasoned forum members giving the newb crap but some other newb just hopping on in isnt right

how do you figure i'm new and i understand seasoned forum members giving the newb crap but some other newb just hopping on in isnt right

Because he has been here longer than you. Just like you have been on here for a year longer that the person you were calling out. I wouldn't consider someone who has been around for 3 years "new"

How about we take squabbles private before we scare the OP away, regardless of how long we have been here? My advice, contact JCR, I've done business with them before and they are extremely helpful. Let them know what you got, and what your plans are.

Because he has been here longer than you. Just like you have been on here for a year longer that the person you were calling out. I wouldn't consider someone who has been around for 3 years "new"

mcguyver_xj iv been here 3 years but im new because i dont post.your retarted dude go play in traffic

Last edited:
mcguyver_xj iv been here 3 years but im new because i dont post.your retarted dude go play in traffic

well your hardly a forum supporter and people were trying to help the op but you jump in here and start being an asshat yes its easy to look up directions but if you knew what you were talking about you would know that jcr's directions are wrong with the things they have you do my buddy had this steering and we got rid of it cause it sucks for the money your paying with the additional money that needs to be put into it to make it proper....and im so insulted "retarded dude go play in traffic" someone is an internet hero...i'm out sorry for this :NAXJA: members

well your hardly a forum supporter and people were trying to help the op but you jump in here and start being an asshat yes its easy to look up directions but if you knew what you were talking about you would know that jcr's directions are wrong with the things they have you do my buddy had this steering and we got rid of it cause it sucks for the money your paying with the additional money that needs to be put into it to make it proper....and im so insulted "retarded dude go play in traffic" someone is an internet hero...i'm out sorry for this :NAXJA: members

The jcr steering works great if you understand it. You can make a .50 cent spacer that will get rid of all tie rod roll forever.

OE steering flexes fine.... its just not strong! This is all stock setup other then a HD tie rod.

I now have a ruff stuff y link kit OTK, same thing as JCR. There is nothing wrong with JCRs instructions ether... actually referenced them when I did my ruff stuff kit. I would be sure to run the JCR spacers or make your own to keep the tie rod roll down. The only thing I really don't like is the reduced steering radius due to clearance issues going OTK but it is beffey!

The jcr steering works great if you understand it. You can make a .50 cent spacer that will get rid of all tie rod roll forever.

Your definition of forever and mine must be very different.

Back