• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking for 3" lift - best kit to get?

Antix1

NAXJA Forum User
Hey, I'm doing my own research right now on what lift kit I should go with. I'm only boosting up 3" and to be 100% honest I don't have any idea which lift kit I should get. I've narrowed down to either Iron Rock offroad, Rusty's, or Rough Country. Personally here's what I think:
Ironrock offroad - would prefer to stay away from add a leaf / block lifts
Rough Country - Seems to look pretty good, heard bad reviews
Rusty's - Looks the best IMHO, but I've also heard bad reviews
So I am asking you guys, which kit would best suit my needs? Here's some things..
1) I won't be doing much offroad use, occasional at the most.
2) It will still be my DD
3) I won't be getting bigger tires; will be keeping stock.
4) I'm a college student so the most for the buck would help a considerable amount

Also.. would I need extended brake lines if I did a 3" lift? I've read elsewhere that I should be fine, but I could be wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated :cheers:

I am about to buy a RE 3.5 kit. I have my existing kit I will sell you.

I have rusty's 3" HD coils springs up front
I think I have a adda leaf in rear. Not sure it was on it when I got it.

It does fine, I just want the adjustable Control arms and such.

Piece your own together.
OME 934 Coils
OME rear leafs or bastard pack + shackle
You can straighten out your front hard brake line and relocate it lower on the frame rail.
Recommend OME or Bilstein 5100 shocks.
IRO adjustable trackbar/bracket.

Rough country is junk.

Purchased my rough country 7 months ago from a distributor on this site. The right rear leaf pack is sagging, the right front shock is dead. And it seems the right front spring is sagging.

Never again.

I should have pieced one together.

Or you know, bought a kit that isn't junk with bad reviews. :)

@Mega Fattie
Did you get AAL or full leaf? And is your jeep stock? Im sure different tire sizes also come into play as well as the amount of abuse you put in

Full leafs. 33" tires. Jks discos, iro track bar, iro stainless brake lines. None of which matters to sagging springs after 7 months.

Im gonna scrap all the rough country crap this winter. Already working on piecing together a 4" long arm setup.

Last edited:
Did you try getting replacement from RC in the mean time? Seems weird that the whole right side went out. I am about to order the RC 3" level 2 kit with full leafs for 450 since ive had ok experiwnce with their cheaper kits. First DD though

Piece your own together.
OME 934 Coils
OME rear leafs or bastard pack + shackle
You can straighten out your front hard brake line and relocate it lower on the frame rail.
Recommend OME or Bilstein 5100 shocks.
IRO adjustable trackbar/bracket.

Where would one purchase these OMU products for a decent deal?

quadratec
Or maybe dpgoffroad

I think DPG may have a better price on OME stuff than some of the other places. I think they sell OME shocks for $83 each or something like that where 4wd sells them for $108. They're in the Wichita, KS area which may help or hurt you in shipping time. I have never bought from them so I can't speak to personal experience. But I've not heard anything bad about them either.

i had the re super ride 3.5 kit and loved it. Now I upgraded to super flex upper and lower arms. Still rides good just a little more harsh. Definitely recommend full leafs I had the re add a leaf and the rear rode harsh for a while then it sagged real bad.

I think DPG may have a better price on OME stuff than some of the other places. I think they sell OME shocks for $83 each or something like that where 4wd sells them for $108. They're in the Wichita, KS area which may help or hurt you in shipping time. I have never bought from them so I can't speak to personal experience. But I've not heard anything bad about them either.
Poly performance also sells some OME stuff. I know they sell the shocks, for sure. At least used to.

Springs and shock are a core element of your Jeep driving experience - performance. Get something descent. Full leaf packs, a nice set of coils, proven specifically valved shocks, and rubber bushings all around is my preference. Suspension mods on my 97 included an Old Man EMU hybrid kit.
2930 coils and 1.75 poly coil spacers
33RB leafs
60052L and 53L shocks
Metal Cloak lower arms
JKS disconnects
JKS track bar

The Cherokee rides firm but not at all harsh and handles great. Load capacity for people and gear is excellent and handling-safety is not radically compromised when loaded. Total lift is about 3.5 inches in the front and 4.25 in the rear. All of this stuff bolts right on clean and tight.

You can do some shopping and picking here (springs, shocks ect) Just stick with good proven stuff and you will be fine.

Installed a Zone 3" kit today, front coils 3" , rear up in the air like a stink bug almost 4" of lift . Super rough ride in the rear(long add-a-leaf). Pulling the rear out in the morning.

One week until Tierra Del Sol, need to get all put together.

Back