• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

"Finish" work on a cut and fold

Cottontail

Three-De Off-Road
I have read several threads about the cut and fold on the bottom rear quarter panel and they all say to use a seam sealer on the joints, but they never mention a specific brand or type.

Is there something specific to automotive, or should I just go to Home Depot and pick up a tube of the silicone multi-purpose stuff?

google "automotive seam sealer".
I used some 3M stuff, in black. its going to run you around 20-40$ a tube for some OK automotive seam sealer

ive been using lately just a tub of I think it was 3m stuff from advanced. it comes in a tube that u can squirt out into place but your better off using your finger to really get it back into place to seal everything.

I ended up getting the grey tube of Dynatron from Advanced. Seems to be pretty easy to use. I did end up spreading it with my fingers. It isn't terribly professional looking, but since I am not a professional, so be it! As long at it keeps stuff dry I'm fine.

A little late on this one but I did 1 coat of spray on rubber coating inside and out. then I thoroughly filled the bigger cracks with silicone. ( kind of a lot on the inside) Then I taped the outside to get a clean edge and sprayed multiple coats of the spray on rubber but mainly on the inside.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showpost.php?p=245895958&postcount=108

Back