• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8.8 Ebrake lever

Brambles

NAXJA Forum User
While installing the brakes on my 8.8 swap I see you can't remove the brake lever while the axle is in. So I left it in and hit it with the wire brush. The lever is a little crusty and moves freely in the backingplate but I'm wondering

It looks like the lever is two pieces, are they perminantly riveted together to form a fixed arm or are they suppose to pivot between the two halves?

My parking brake works but a little slow to return.

Wow.... 42 people read this and nobody knew the answer!!!! We'll, not being happy with the ebrake return, I took the c-clips out and removed the axles enough to get the ebrake arm out. It was seized andrequired some heat an penetrating fluid to loosen up, and eventually separate. So indeed they are two piece arms that pivot, not intended to be fixed! Now I'm super happy with the feel of the ebrake. Now lets see of it will hold on the street!

Back