• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wiper Range of Motion

Lanthanaas

NAXJA Forum User
Is there a way to alter how far the windshield wipers move? Mine leave about 8 inches on the top side of the arch untouched. Obviously, that's a pretty big blind spot on my left side. I know from 3 owners prior that it used to have the opposite problem and went so far it was over the edge of the window.

It's an 89 Cherokee.

Last edited:
You should be able to remove the whole wiper arm off the mounting point in the cowl and reinstall them at a little different orientation to cover the whole windscreen. They come off the mounting points by nothing more than a clip that needs to be opened.

^Exactly^

That ended up working out well enough. Thanks for the fix! For the sake of knowledge, though, is there a way to increase or decrease the range that the wiper motor will swing the arm?

Not to my knowledge.

Yes, and I really don't see how you would need any more range of motion. As close to the A pillar as possible without it slapping it. I don't need to see my hood while driving, do you?

Yes, and I really don't see how you would need any more range of motion. As close to the A pillar as possible without it slapping it. I don't need to see my hood while driving, do you?

My wife says the hood is mostly all see can see when driving the XJ at 5"1" :dunno:

It's not really something I need to do in this situation. It's just knowledge to put in the bank if I can. May need it somewhere down the road and it would give me a better understanding of how the system functions. I'm approaching pretty much every system in the Jeep with only basic understanding of how it works.

Back