• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lug nuts for spacers? And a couple of other questions

Demonoid369

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
1. So I got a set of 1.25" wheel spacers and none came with the tapered lug nuts, I've been searching but I haven't found a thread here on where to get them, only where to get the acorn lug nuts which won't work. So where do I go looking for 1/2-20 tapered nuts that are short enough to use on a spacer?
2. The studs on the wheel spacers are m12-1.50 threads, where would I get lug nuts for that? I know I could probably find some tapered ones at a junk yard but don't know what vehicles use those, nor at a parts store.
3. I had gotten a pair of 1" spacers in a trade for some sunglasses and I noticed that they are smaller in diameter than the 1.25" spacers?
evavameq.jpg

As you can see on the left the 1.25" spacer have a larger outer diameter but smaller inner diameter? Could this be a problem? The guy I got them from said they were on a jeep but I don't know.

I've run 1.25" units for nearly 15 years, on two different XJ's with the same tapered acorn lug nuts. Any trailer supply or wheel supply house should carry standard acorn lug nuts which will fit in the spacers.

I've run 1.25" units for nearly 15 years, on two different XJ's with the same tapered acorn lug nuts. Any trailer supply or wheel supply house should carry standard acorn lug nuts which will fit in the spacers.

This I did not know, I was thinking the acorn lug but would be too tall and stick out and not let the wheel sit flat on the spacer.
What about metric lug nuts? Would they have them too? Or what vehicles come with them?

Last edited:
i dont know that i would want to run those...

mismatched size, wrong wheel stud.. spacers just aren't so expensive that its worth messing with junk vs buying the right ones.

i dont know that i would want to run those...

mismatched size, wrong wheel stud.. spacers just aren't so expensive that its worth messing with junk vs buying the right ones.

The one pictured on the right I'm not going to use, those I got in a trade and planned to sell. The one picture on the left is part of a set I got for $60 but all four came with no lug nuts.

i buy my acorns at the local tire store. about 50 cents each.

Autozone has those lug nuts. Just ask to go in the back and rummage through the bins. Just make sure you get the small outside diameter ones. Otherwise you won't be able to get a socket down in to tighten them. Make sure and use some Loctite when you put them on.

Back