• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

damages

831_xj

NAXJA Forum User
Who messed up what??

Got a couple stab wounds on my hatch. Cracked the unibody in two different places bunch of scrapes and little dings. Overall not as bad as some!

Let's hear it story and pics!

my wife's landscaper's weed whacker threw a rock that cracked my rear side window.
i duct taped it & it ejected itself on the waterfall at slickrock.
other than that only a broken taillight from hitting a tree while driving down deer valley...in reverse.

The upper rad hose blew off my Saturn within 15 min of camp on my way up. Pat and his gf (Mariah, IIRC) offered me help, with Pat not remembering who I was.

Jon broke another window, rear driver cargo, on Slick rock. Told him that it would not have happened had he finished the driver side rear tube fender it would not have happened.

It helps a lot that I have a lot of spare windows and also don't care about body damage!

RR broken tail light lens on walker hill. Stripped servo gear
On RC axial wraith by spillway Sunday night. That and as I walked
To look at helicopter, wet granite sidehill let my feet fly up landing straight elbow, thus saving
My beer.....

Just unbolted my front diff cover. Center pin shattered into 4 pieces causing the carrier to crack, damaging the Spartan locker, and grinding down a few teeth on the pinion gear. Ring gear looks ok but I won't reuse it. Looking for a D44 upgrade as a possibility. Might just do a carrier swap and go ARB air locker since I have invested plenty into the OTK mod, Warn hub kit and chromo shafts, etc.

My rear diff is also hosed but I won't look at that for awhile. Planning to do a Detroit locker. Took a large rock to the oil pan causing a massive dent. Needs to be replaced. Suffered a few new scrapes on the flat Bushwhackers and a new dent on the drivers front fender. Adds character.

Looks like my exhaust downpipe is also cracked. Funsies. That provides me an opportunity to replace my APN header and reinstall my intake manifold. Again.

I'll make it a goal to get the jeep back on the road for Spring 2015 wheeling.

got a fat dent in my right rear quarter panel, that's it for the con. Fordyce over the next two days I cracked the right taillight and completely mashed the front right corner on a rock. If anyone's got a front nose panel laying around I'm in the market haha

1) Put a decent scrape and dent in the passenger rear quarter panel - probably should have put on the rear quarter armor before I left.
2) Broke the passenger rear tail light. Wish I could say it happened on the trail but it happened in camp.
3) Took some damage in the wallet to pay for 160 gallons of gas (~13mpg average for 2000 miles round trip). But it was worth every penny. Hope to see you guys next year.

Took some paint off from both the front and rear bumpers, on the same dang tree! And melted my rear passenger area carpet on the way up thanks to my muffler riding against the floorboard. My new exhaust will be here Thursday so I can finally get rid of my huge round (well, 3 sided now) Gibson muffler. :yelclap:

Back