• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Renix Throttle cable location

Renegade XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I'm in the process of reassembling my Renix and has I'm putting the throttle cable on I notice there are two of the square holes in that bracket that it fits in to and can't remember which one it was. There is one that is further away from the firewall and is flat. Then the one close to the firewall is at an angle. Which on is it? Right now I put it in the one further away.... All seems to be working fine but I'm noticing my throttle is now slightly sticky. It holds the RPMs for a split second after I lift off the pedal.

I just changed my throttle cable. It goes in the further forward hole nearest the throttle body. The slanted hole is for the cruise control cable.

i got mine through Crown Automotive. it's oe looking quality, and was fairly cheap.
i did notice that where the oe cable has a compressed coil spring living inside the plastic "bulge" part that pushes through the square hole in the bracket, the replacement has no spring inside. i assume it's for throttle return, but there's already a return spring on the throttle body shaft.
i haven't had any issues from this yet, and it's been about a week now.
i replaced my cable because i smacked that plastic part with a ratchet on accident and it came apart-exposing that internal spring.

Back