• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TRW Ball Joint Numbers?

RAVC1

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 1988 and a 1997 Xj. I have been unable to verify the upper ball joint number for the new set I purchased on Craigslist a few years ago. The lower ball joint I have is the 10459. This is the correct 1997 lower ball joint by TRW. Does anyone know the correct part number for the upper on the later model year Cherokee's?

Sorry - I also meant to ask about the Ingalls Engineering ball joints I see for the Xj. Are these any good? They are much more costly than the Moog's I usually buy.

For the most part, I am game for a better solution than Moog. The 1.5" spacers I run on my OE wheels just ate my uppers and they are less than 2.5 years old. I had the set installed in the summer of 2012.

Thanks

Last edited:
Raybestos Professional are touted as high quality ball joints. You can generally get them in town at CarQuest or as NAPA's Premium line or out of town from places like Amazon or RockAuto. NAPA may have a better warranty. All are made by the company formed after Dana spun off that group. Same with their tie rod ends.

Back