• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cherokee XJ Dana 44 Rear Axle

PumpinIron

NAXJA Forum User
I've got a Dana 44 rear axle that came off of a 1987 Jeep Cherokee XJ. The axle has roughly 225k on it and has the stock 3.54 gears. Everything is in awesome condition, the axle has absolutely ZERO rust on it and all of the gears inside of the pumpkin have been throughly inspected and show hardly any signs of wear whatsoever. No missing teeth, broken parts, etc.

What you have here is a very, very clean Dana 44 that is ready to bolt on to any year of Cherokee XJ as well as numerous other Jeeps including TJs, WJs, etc, etc. Bottom line is that this will fit a lot of other vehicles and will be a bolt-on affair for Cherokees and numerous other Jeeps.

I'm asking $600 firm (not going to negotiate on the price at least for now). If you want it you can get in touch with me via phone or text at 503.701.5752.

Thanks!

Is it gold-plated?

Not to be a jerk - you do realize that these go for under $200 after tax at pick-n-pull, right? This is the wrong place for 3x markup.

Last edited:
I've sold 5 or 6 of these, The sweet spot is right between $300-$400 depending on condition..

they can be hard to find, But at $600 your close to having a Geared 8.8 swapped in..

I sold mine freshly painted, disc brakes and 5x4.5/5x5.5 alloy USA shafts for $500

I've got a Dana 44 rear axle that came off of a 1987 Jeep Cherokee XJ. The axle has roughly 225k on it and has the stock 3.54 gears. Everything is in awesome condition, the axle has absolutely ZERO rust on it and all of the gears inside of the pumpkin have been throughly inspected and show hardly any signs of wear whatsoever. No missing teeth, broken parts, etc.

What you have here is a very, very clean Dana 44 that is ready to bolt on to any year of Cherokee XJ as well as numerous other Jeeps including TJs, WJs, etc, etc. Bottom line is that this will fit a lot of other vehicles and will be a bolt-on affair for Cherokees and numerous other Jeeps.

I'm asking $400 firm (not going to negotiate on the price at least for now). If you want it you can get in touch with me via phone or text at 503.701.5752.

Thanks!

Back