• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weather check.

Johnnie Walker

Piece of Fish!
NAXJA Member
What is the weather supposed to be like Fri, Sat, and Sun? Never been up to this area camping.

Also, what is cell service like? I have T-mo. Not planning on being on my phone much, but can't hurt to ask.

Last weekend I slept outside on the ground under the stars in a summer sleeping bag and was comfortable.

Verizon has 3G and sometimes LTE at lake alpine. ATT is spotty but you can get cell service just before the turn off to the bear valley ski resort as you come up highway 4 - at the entrance to the overflow camping area to be exact. No idea about t-mobile. Nothing at hermit valley to my knowledge. Maybe at the top of the hill.

I never get service. Come prepared for cold nights and if it ends up being warm you will be fine. Its better to be ready for cold and have it be warm than vice versa.

Back