• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anti-Glare mod/idea

solomon7

NAXJA Forum User
Every time I'm in the woods driving through the trees with that speckled sunlight strobe light thing going on; or when driving in to the sun, I get glare from my tan dash.
So much glare that I honestly can't see the trail/road.
Monday my wife an I were rambling in the woods on our anniversary trip and we stopped to kick it at a waterfall.
She threw her black sarong on my dash when we got out.
Got back to the Jeep and continued down the trail.
I took a few minutes to realize....I hadn't been "blind" once!

Huge preface aside, we cut a flat black piece of "non-slip" material, like ultra thin mouse pad stuff, to fit the entire dash top leaving room for the vents.

I have no day time glare even with my severely weathered windshield.
My friend has done auto glass for 14 years and when he saw my USFS windshield, the term "sandpapar" came up between laughter. If it works for mine.....

Try it! It's cheap and it works!. Also kinda nice to set stuff there without it sliding around.

They do make custom fit dash pads. That stick on with Velcro. I have one in the MJ, just for that purpose, but making one is probably less expensive...and if it works, great!

Back