• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep beeps on start up........ Sometimes.. Lol

Demonoid369

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Its not my fuel tank warning either lol
97' xj 4.0l
Posted I think a long time ago but forgot because it stop beeping lol well now it's beeping once in awhile again. When I start the jeep up it will either beep once, five times, or none at all. There doesn't seem to be a pattern and everything functions normally, it just beeps and I dont know why lol anyone know?

Its not my fuel tank warning either lol
97' xj 4.0l
Posted I think a long time ago but forgot because it stop beeping lol well now it's beeping once in awhile again. When I start the jeep up it will either beep once, five times, or none at all. There doesn't seem to be a pattern and everything functions normally, it just beeps and I dont know why lol anyone know?

Do you have a Anti-Theft system installed?

I have a el cheapo Wally World stereo in. But the beep I'm having is definitely coming from the dash area on the driver side. It's weird as its not the same beep as the low fuel. More louder, faster beep.

Ill try and get a sound and video recording but as I've said, it doesn't always beep lol

My '98 XJ Limited does the same thing.

Upon key up, a series of beeps can be heard from coming from under the dash (I never
counted the number of beeps) and then it stops by itself. These beeps are not described
in the Owner's Manual as far as I know, but I think the beeps are a sort of systems check
(seat belt on, airbags good, etc.)

"...atomic batteries to power, turbine to speed... let's roll"

One day, my car developed laryngitis. It beeped a couple of times and then ended like a
cat being choked. For about a week the beeping stopped working and my car was eerily
quite during start ups. Then the beeping returned, all by itself, before I could figure
why the beeping stopped to begin with. Its been good ever since (knock on wood).

Back