• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Knock sensor. Not sure what to look for or where to start

SBpunk

NAXJA Forum User
So I pulled my exhaust manifold today thinking it was cracked and looked perfect. Still replacing the crap tho since I don't want to pull it off again. Anyway I noticed my coolant temp sensor and knock sensor had nothing going to them. No wires even close. Anyone have a clue where to start?

Has to be 87 to 90 to have a knock sensor and a CTS located where it is.

There's a harness that runs forward along the valve cover near the injectors. It then goes down kinda behind the power steering pump/intake manifold and over to the knock sensor, CTS, and O2 sensor.

Those intake ports look higher than a renix to me. I bet that's a renix block swapped into an ho xj.
to answer the initial question though, the wires(in a renix) would be coming out of the harness that comes off the top of the motor and down behind the ps pump. The o2 sensor plug also comes out of that bundle.

Sorry everyone got sick as hell the day after I posted this. It's a renix block with the ho head so good call. I didn't know that prior to this but got it all figured out.

Back