• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lower radiator hose with spring part #

We have 3 Jeep dealerships in a 50 mile radius. I called them all looking for a hose with the spring. They all said I might be able to find it as NOS, but other than that, the spring in the hose was discontinued (as a dealer part) about 5 yrs. ago. Just sayin'

I got a spring from another member on CC.com...the hose leaked but I just pulled the spring and put it in a new hose. Didn't make any noticeable difference in cooling capacity.

Getting a compatible spring (preferably stainless steel) from the hardware store or an older Jeep at the JY is also a good option, but like I said and unless you happen to have a highflow WP, or a very weak hose it didn't change anything when I put it in my MJ.

EDIT: If and when you find a spring to put in to a hose, it goes in alot easier by starting it on one end and PULLING and turning it (like threading it in)as you pull it through instead of trying to PUSH it in

Last edited:
Back