• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Motor mounts done , still get vibes

MassbayXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Hey Everyone. I just replaced both of my 10 yr. old stock mounts with factory mopar units. Trouble is, I still get a vibration. It used to happen all the time before the new mounts but now it happens only when it is hot and under acceleration. The driverside mount does get pretty hot, but why would they design it like that? I am also going to throw a poly trans mount at it. I dont think the transmission mount gets hot and would case the vibration I'm getting though. My normal operating temp. is around 190 - 210*F. All my U-joints out back are fine. Is there anything I can do to keep that mount cool or is there a TSB I'm not aware of? ## Thanks for reading this and I'd be sweet If you could help me becase I'm tired of having all these "issues" with my "new" truck while my buddies beat the hell out of old Fords with minimal problems. Maybe I have too much power......no..."sigh"..

Oh, yeah, 1994 XJ Sport 4.0 / aw4/231/ Thanks again guys

Did you forget to replace the tranny mount?

I bet you did... :D

the thing is probably rotted out. and under accelleration it will move side to side.

Ok I must have missed that poly mount for tranny idea..

my suggestion is Do Not put in on. use a reguler oem rubber mount. putting the poly mount on the tranny is only going to increase vibrations.

Thanks . I don't mind a vibration if I know it is not doing any damage. I could care less about my personal comfort. Just as long as the damn thing can launch. get vibes just taking off after i've been driving a while. I just want to make sure that the drivetrain is mounted to the unibody.
oh, RINGKONG... I swear i can hear the t-case moving around when i take off . When I stop hard it feels like the back is lifting up. After i let off the brake it makes a "thud" on its way down. Is the tranny mt. my problem? Is the poly one BAD?

MassbayXJ said:
oh, RINGKONG... I swear i can hear the t-case moving around when i take off . When I stop hard it feels like the back is lifting up. After i let off the brake it makes a "thud" on its way down. Is the tranny mt. my problem? Is the poly one BAD?

Make sure the slipyoke on your rear driveshaft is well-lubed and that the rear brakeshoes are adjusted

Back