• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Exhaust for 2000 Classic

Gene53

NAXJA Forum User
I am new to the forum and have a 2000 XJ Classic. It is pretty much stock except for a K&N cold air intake. So, with 231,000 miles and it is time to replace the original exhaust system. It seems to be an early 2000 since it has the 2 small cats in the down pipe, but does not have any flanges on the lower cat. However, the cat has been welded to the muffler. I'm looking at the following choices: Walker 15820 direct fit replacement for the cat, and the Dynomax 17380 super turbo cat back system. Any opinions??? Thanks in advance.

Slightly different but I just put the Dynomax 17340 super turbo cat back system on my 2000 Sport. Bought it mostly because of the $100 Visa gift card offer. Quality seemed good, install was easy. Tail pipe seems to stick out a bit behind the bumper but that's ok, I'm not wheeling right now. Sound is good outside, kind of loud but not annoying. Drone from inside is ok, might get old on long trips but my commute is 25 minutes so I don't mind. Overall I'm happy with it.

Back