• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Circuit K10 Police Package

fzsk4p

NAXJA Forum User
Updating my YJ to OBD2 with a 96 XJ harness.

Have come across the "Extend Idle Police Package" K10 circuit from C100 of the ECM. As I understand things this circuit will raise engine idle RPM to approx 1200 by means of a switch on the dash. Useful in my case for bumping the idle RPM for OBA output.

From the FSM

Where I am getting confused is whether the K10 DB/Org. is grounded or given 12 volts via the switch. I am pretty good with electrical but this one leaves me a bit in question. My thought is that you supply a ground to energize the function. In the FSM description I know it says adds 12 volts (F60) but my belief is that the 12 volts is for the indicator light and the K10 is grounded via Z1.

Thoughts, comments ?

Last edited:
I'd test it with a ground first. If nothing happens, then try 12v+.

It may require a police package programming in the PCM as well; in that nothing will happen with a ground or 12v+ on A12

Did`nt think of the programming aspect. In this case the ECM will be completely reprogramed as a whole anyways so I can look at the values and see.

on my 01XJ, I installed a simple no lamp toggle switch that grounds the signal line, and it raises the idle to 1000rpm when in park or drive.

That`s the info I was looking for. Little less RPM then I thought but a simple mod and why not take advantage of it ? Could still add an idiot light (or even an LED rocker switch) if wanted.

Thanks !!

Interesting that my 96 FSM doesn't show K10 in A12 of C100. BUT the wire is there and it disappeared into the bulkhead in the correct position. Later year FSM`s do show K10 however.

Curious on the programming if it is universally applied regardless of whether you have the Po Po package and how does the ECM raise the RPM ? Guessing TPS values but that is just a guess on my part.

Interesting that my 96 FSM doesn't show K10 in A12 of C100. BUT the wire is there and it disappeared into the bulkhead in the correct position. Later year FSM`s do show K10 however.

Curious on the programming if it is universally applied regardless of whether you have the Po Po package and how does the ECM raise the RPM ? Guessing TPS values but that is just a guess on my part.

All it has to do is open up the IAC and feed it the appropriate amount of fuel. The IAC alone will get you up to about 2000 rpm idle.

Back