• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Throttle body bushings

Just to update this.

I recently found out my bearings in my throttle body were shot. Massive amount of shaft play and occasionally high idle that would go away (usually) if I snapped the throttle.

At first I though it was the shaft so I got a used TB locally for $20 with a nice tight shaft. Well, it wasn't but I damaged the original shaft due to a stripped plate screw. So I still needed that shaft lol. My TB was already bored to 63mm so I decided to reuse it.

The bearings are INA SCE 67. I purchased them on ebay, but the same seller had them listed on Amazon.

While the bearings are cheap enough a tool to remove them is still needed. I went with this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/390672342439?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649 I did need it to remove the bypass valve bearings from my supercharger and put flip them around so it already paid for itself. It can also be used to remove transfer case and throw out bearings.

If you are still interested in replacing the bearings but don't want to but the tool PM me and we can work something out.

Back