• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Squeaky back seat.

Find a hotel room. Just kidding.
Like Ron said they came with rubber bushings, which tend to fall apart over time. I don't think you can still get them from the dealer, but if you're lucky you can find some good ones at the JY.

There is a rubber slider inside the receivers that are supposed to dampen noise from the shaft when the seat is upright.

I found some NOS over at Teamcherokee and replaced mine.

It worked, but I have heard rumor that Teamcherokee was bought out and their service now sucks... YMMV...

For my '98:

BUMPER. Right. Latch Striker. . 55001212

Left is 55001213

Find a hotel room.

Glad I am not the only one who saw the thread title in a different light :anon:

I just let everything else in the jeep squeak even worse than the back seat. Distracts me from hearing it, kinda like mashing your thumb with a BFH makes the headache not matter anymore.

Glad I am not the only one who saw the thread title in a different light :anon:
Well, the back seat isn't used much for that.. the area between the two front seats is another story though.
I just let everything else in the jeep squeak even worse than the back seat.
Oddly enough even over my awful sounding loud exhaust and loud engine I can still hear that squeak.

Put dielectric grease on the bushings where they contact the striker.
I'll have to give that a try.

I wrapped the entire metal part of the latch on the seat side with duct tape, to the point where it was difficult to get the seat to latch back into the holder on the side of the Jeep. It doesn't move at all now and hasn't squeaked for a while.

I tried the grease method before and it only worked for a month or so.

After reading this thread, I sprayed silicon onto the pins and also the rubber in the brackets.

Its gone, at least for now.

And without the rear seat making noise, I wonder what I can do about the dashboard!

Back