• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone got.....???

I have an AX-15 I've been sitting on for a few years that needs a rebuild. Jumps out of 3rd. IDK that I want to get rid of it though. I still want to build something with a 4 poper and an ax-15 some day! ;)

I have an AX-15 I've been sitting on for a few years that needs a rebuild. Jumps out of 3rd. IDK that I want to get rid of it though. I still want to build something with a 4 poper and an ax-15 some day! ;)

Haha i have a rebuildable core but it needs a tailhousing.

Im either trading red jeep for an mj or just going to swap a 5 speed into it. Either way ill need an ax15

An ax15 tailhousing? Or any other oem drivetrain parts that are in your way?
I have a parts AX15 I might be able to pull the tailhousing off of. Was gonna rebuild it, but it needs so much crap I might as well just use it for parts at this point.

Probably not gonna make it to the crawl, but I'll see if I can parts-train it to you if anyone from the NAC is going.

edit: You can get one off any 3.9/2.5L 5 speed Dakota, same reason as the tall shifter except that the tailhousing is literally exactly the same factory part number between the Dakota and XJ/MJ/ZJ AX15s (the YJ/TJ one is different due to tcase clocking but I've put an XJ AX15 into a YJ with no significant bodywork.) Or buy the whole thing and split it with this guy/keep what's left as spare parts...:

Gonna need the bellhousing from a 96+ 2.5L Dakota, jfyi. An AX5 bell won't bolt to it without expensive adapters and AX5s are weak, I've seen multiple blown up ones.

Last edited:
I have a parts AX15 I might be able to pull the tailhousing off of. Was gonna rebuild it, but it needs so much crap I might as well just use it for parts at this point.

Probably not gonna make it to the crawl, but I'll see if I can parts-train it to you if anyone from the NAC is going.

I knew i should have just asked you first :D

If the parts train fails i wouldn't be opposed to shipping it.

Check my edit... added more info.

I am too damn busy to ever remember to go to the post office, but I might be able to make an exception.

Yeah id love a pile of aw4 junk.....

I have most of 2 AW4's. 23 spline. Both came out of 1993 models. The complete one I just pulled from my trail Jeep last week and the other is completely disassembled in milk crates and cardboard boxes.

The complete one is slipping in 3rd. The other one is just a pile of parts that's in my way.

Gonna need the bellhousing from a 96+ 2.5L Dakota, jfyi. An AX5 bell won't bolt to it without expensive adapters and AX5s are weak, I've seen multiple blown up ones.

I know. I believe I still have one laying around somewhere. It was the plan for the 84 xj until I scored my current xj running for $200 and no axles. :conceited

My wife is looking for an hp30 as well if anyone has one

How much for the aw4 stuff andy?

There are two I believe in my trailer but IIRC they are lennys.

My wife is looking for an hp30 as well if anyone has one

How much for the aw4 stuff andy?

are you putting new mounts and crap on it? Cause I have one here that's so rusty the spring perches are wasted, but the housing and tubes are fine.

I will be going from NACfest to the crawl if something needs parts trained.

mac 'choo choo' gyvr

Back