• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

91 XJ rear passenger power window won't open or close

iucpa1

NAXJA Forum User
Newbie here, just bought my first XJ yesterday and already the passenger rear window won't go up or down. Switch and maybe motor appear to be fine, as I can hear the motor when I flip the switch both up and down, but it's just not moving the window. I have the entire door panel off but just can't figure out where to turn now...

Thanks.

Congrats on your first XJ.... Try to assist in opening or closing the window with your hand as you push the switch just to see it it will move with some extra help. Most likely window motor is tired, but you could try greasing the track that the window slides up and down on and also there is a cable that feeds through the motor and has a casing around it and this cable needs to be able to move freely in and out of the casing in order for it to go up and down smooth, I’ve had that cable get stuck or hung up in the door so make sure that’s free and throw some grease on it to if you can. Another thing to look at is the rubber trim around the window and make sure its all pushed in and not tweaked in a way that is blocking the window from sliding up and down.

Last edited:
Back