• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TPS code, possible ecm issue

Vanimal

NAXJA Forum User
I've been getting a tps code for a while (91 xj/4.0/ax15). I swapped it out a few times. I checked the voltage, it's 5v at the signal wire with the sensor unplugged. I eliminated the harness from the equation (snipped the signal wire at the ecm), and there is 5v coming from the ecm on the signal input pin for the tps (pin 22). I assume this is not normal as it should not supply 5v from that pin, it should be reading the voltage instead. Is it safe to say my ecm is shot? What years/models interchange?

I got nothing, but maybe, just maybe this will help you.
what ya gota do is waller out that hole for the wire so you can fit your whole god damn arm in the sumbitch

then fill it with shoe goo
HTH :D

Last edited:
That definitely doesn't sound "normal". Any ecu from 91-95, auto or manual, should start & run without any real differences.
If it helps any, I have a " known good" '91 auto ecu that you can borrow-as a test swap, if you want. I'm in el cajon...it's at work though, couldn't grab it until Monday.

I've been getting a tps code for a while (91 xj/4.0/ax15). I swapped it out a few times. I checked the voltage, it's 5v at the signal wire with the sensor unplugged. I eliminated the harness from the equation (snipped the signal wire at the ecm), and there is 5v coming from the ecm on the signal input pin for the tps (pin 22). I assume this is not normal as it should not supply 5v from that pin, it should be reading the voltage instead. Is it safe to say my ecm is shot? What years/models interchange?

That definitely doesn't sound "normal". Any ecu from 91-95, auto or manual, should start & run without any real differences.
If it helps any, I have a " known good" '91 auto ecu that you can borrow-as a test swap, if you want. I'm in el cajon...it's at work though, couldn't grab it until Monday.

Thanks man, kind of what i figured. I'm grabbing one from a friend tomorrow to try it out, it's from a 93 or 94, but i'm hoping it will work. If not, i'll shoot ya a message. Appreciate it.

Back