• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Renix:headlight switch?

GregGA

87 Laredo Galloping Ghost
Ok, so my instrument lights went out. When I pull the head light knob out, the clock light goes out. All fuses are ok. The dimming function of the switch was all or nothing: basically lights on or off, no gradual dimming. Now nothing.

headlight switch?

My 89 does that. I found if i turn the switch counterclockwise like you were going to turn the dome light on, just as you get to the click they turn on.

have fun.

hate headlamp switches.
the button on the top releases the knob ;)

have fun.

hate headlamp switches.
the button on the top releases the knob ;)

ON the bottom in an MFer of a spot.

I don't know what's worse. Hitting the button or getting the stubborn wiring block off the switch.

the wiring block. at least I don't bash my hand on sharp pieces of metal getting to the button. Every time I take that harness off though I smash the back side of my hand on something when it finally lets loose.

ECU is easier than headlamp switch in my book. Just the two top nuts on the bracket and it pops out.

seriously, you're gonna think that plug is glued on, and fight with getting it off for like 15 minutes. Then it's magically going to come completely free whilest you're pushing on it with all your might and smash you knuckles into a sharp piece of dash metal.

every. freaking. time.

ECU is easier than headlamp switch in my book. Just the two top nuts on the bracket and it pops out.

seriously, you're gonna think that plug is glued on, and fight with getting it off for like 15 minutes. Then it's magically going to come completely free whilest you're pushing on it with all your might and smash you knuckles into a sharp piece of dash metal.

every. freaking. time.

LOL. I can say I've been warned! I get the sswitch on Monday. Stay tuned.

Guess I was lucky as far as removing the switch. Took about an hour and the connector came right off after I pried up an edge with a screw driver.

I was unlucky in that it was not my problem. I still have no instrument lights. According to the electrical FSM, it's one two bad grounds. On the back burner for now as I have headlights, park, and brake lights.

Guess I was lucky as far as removing the switch. Took about an hour and the connector came right off after I pried up an edge with a screw driver.

I was unlucky in that it was not my problem. I still have no instrument lights. According to the electrical FSM, it's one two bad grounds. On the back burner for now as I have headlights, park, and brake lights.

Did you hook the small ground wire back up to the spade terminal on the switch? That is the ground for the IP dimmer. This wire is separate from the main harness connector.

Yes sir, I got the ground wire on the back. I even refreshed the ground by the hood release. Looks like the other ground is in the console some place.

I lost them the other morning. Were working fine, then turning right and braking, bam all the lights went out. I thought it was the parking light fuse, or instrument light fuse, but they are ok. Another gremlin:skull1:

If its a 5 spd, check the fuse terminals themselves.

When the clutch master begins leaking, it runs right down onto the fuse block and causes all kinds of hate and discontent.

meh...well..at least we ruled that out...lol

Back