• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2001 blower motor turns off on 4 setting

Jrmac2000

NAXJA Forum User
I hope someone can shed some light on an issue I'm having with my blower motor. The blower is brand new as are several other parts of the a/c system including the resistor. The issue is, on high the blower will randomly cut off, takes a few seconds, and then comes back on. Once this happens it goes on and off constantly every few seconds. It works normally on all other speeds and settings, and it also does this with heat or air. I assume the switch may be overheating, but thought I'd get a few opinions before I trek back to the junk yard.

Relay issues would be a more likely cause of the symptoms.

Inspect the whole electrical system from dash board switch, to fan motor. Look, feel, and smell for burnt stuff. I would guess the relay or the wires near the relay are damaged from excessive resistance/heat, and are causing an intermittent open circuit.

Ok the wiring seems to be in good shape. I replaced the relay and still have the same issue. Guess I'll swap out the switch next.

Back