• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Thinking of running four stock bucket seats...

MountainRhino

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone done this? would like to examine different methods. I though of splitting the wall of the underseat area in the center and folding some portion to crate a box on each side. adding material where need to complete said box, then of course seat tracks and seats.

my original intent is geared towards an open center once I perform a chop of the rear quarter area of the roof and glass. Going to acquire an MJ for the tops of the bedsides, taillight section and tailgate. use the rear wall of the cab to complete the smooth look of the corners, while removing the glass and the walled part. open body with the rounded edges at the cut. YJ/TJ sport roll bar. had one and sold it during tougher times

Someone did a single captain chair. IIRC, the problem is the rear floor sits higher, so it makes the chairs really to high to be useable. I've thought about using the 40-section of the 60/40 grand cherokee seats to accomplish something similar. Of course it would require finding a way to make the brackets go on the opposite side on one of the seats. Build a center console to house some speakers and some storage.

Why do you want to use a wrangler roll bar? That will be useless for you. Why not a real cage if you are cutting it?

To make the two bucket seats work in the middle where the bench seat is,you will have to cut the floor out. Like notching the floor then replacing with angle iron to give you a flat surface to mount the seats.

I have to say that I am not opposed to cutting the floor section to make the seats work. there has always been this drive to use two pairs of sportier buckets, though i doubt a lower profile set of import seats would overcome the raised floor.

I looked closely at the 60/40 seat mod....not interested. though the gears are always looking deeper into things that have never been done, or even necessary, I think the look would be very unique and appealing.

as far as the wrangler bars.......something until a full cage becomes a reality. and with frame braces tied into the unibody, the easy to install tj/yj bar would provide enough support for pavement driving for the time being. this cut thing has been rolling around in my head for years. had one xj taped off to prepare and got laid off.

thanks for the info. bring more, whoever has it.

Back