• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Prepare for the mountain

BRIANHO13

<- Yum Chocolate
The trails are very far from camp I suggest taking the following should you get stuck on the mountain.
1) take plenty of water more than you think you will need for one day.
2) food, again take more than you will need for one day....never know how long you may be out there and you don't want to resort to eating flies.
3) take the easy to take spare parts and tools to change them.

I like to have a "DAY PACK" for situations like these.

This pack that includes...but not limited to:
1. Fire Starter(magnesium block with flint and cotton balls soaked in petroleum jelly)
2. Army Poncho( for rain and for shelter)
3. Small hatchet
4. Two knifes
5. 550 cord
6. Piston and 3 clips
7. First Aid kit
8. Bug Spray and sunscreen
9. 2-one liter bottles of water
10. Granola Bars and dried Fruit
11. Clean Socks
12. TP!

And that is just in my Day Pack that goes with me on trail rides and kayak fishing trips.

The jeep will have:
D30 Spare axles from the wheel hub inwards so that I just have to pull the whole axle
Spare Tire 33"
Tire Goo for small punctures
Spare radiator hoses
Spare Belts
Spare Aux Fan and wiring(in case i need to McGyver some stuff)
3 Qts of Oil
2 Gallons of Water for Coolant
Case of drinknig water
Camping Cook wear(small kit for off-the-trail cooking)
Full size Axe and Shovel
My assortment of Trail Tools and widgets
Fuses
Common Relays
Hope to have a spare Fuel Pump as well.

I am sure I am missing some stuff but This stuff is usually in my XJ before it sets foot on dirt. I know its alot and kind of overkill for most rides, but I hate not being prepared, and actually look forward to breaking stuff :)

The nice thing about Harlan is you are not that far from camp... yea 30 min or so. Not like Tellico where you had a 45 min ride to camp after you got off the mountain. Getting off the mountain might take an hour or two. :rof:

Back