• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

long arms

ruger81

NAXJA Forum User
Any body running Rusty's long arms with HD off road stiffiners? I just won a complete set (thank you naxja) and would like to know before get ready for the install. Or any modifications I may expect? Thanks in advance.

I don't have any specific experience with rusty's crossmember but the one thing I'd suggest is think of any long term planning for crossmembers/link mounts/etc before burning those middy stiffeners in. I wish I had welded a few nuts on mine before I installed.

ive got the rustys long arm on my xj, i would definetly drill necessary holes and weld nuts on the stiffeners before burning them in, the design of the rustys crossmember allows for use in conjunction with frame stiffeners and should make a very stout combo

Ya take the time to think of future things and present things that need to be done on the uniframe before welding them on like transfer case skids, belly skid(if those are in your plan), cross member, E-brake bracket(if its a late model), crush sleeves for the crossmember?
I know because after specfab welded my ruffstuff ones on, we had to weld the e brake bracket on and I'm going to have to drill and tap a hole for my factory transfer case skid to fit back on.

For the front, everything that is screwed on to the front uniframe you should drill a hole for and possibly weld a nut to(like the bracket that holds your brake line)

Rear I haven't a clue on.

Back