• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

99 Drag link question

1yellowjk

NAXJA Forum User
Going to replace the drag link and looking at this Tera Flex, but my question is what is "small taper"?

http://www.northridge4x4.com/shop/teraflex-tj-lj-yj-zj-hd-drag-link-small-taper

Also any feedback on this particular product from old TeraFlex?

I'm getting HORRIBLE Death Wobble right now at 35mph, so bad I have to pull off the side of the road, need to get it fixed.

Thanks Guys.

Oh and I'm running about 4.5" of lift on 33's

If you're still running stock steering, that's not going to work, that's for their high steer (cross over steering) set up.
"Death wobble" is usually caster related or maybe a worn track bar bushing/end.
What kind of lower control arms are you running? If they're stock or stock length, you've lost caster and is probably you're problem.
Hans

If you're still running stock steering, that's not going to work, that's for their high steer (cross over steering) set up.
"Death wobble" is usually caster related or maybe a worn track bar bushing/end.
What kind of lower control arms are you running? If they're stock or stock length, you've lost caster and is probably you're problem.
Hans

Rough Country lowers, running the GC upgraded tie rod, the track bar looks good, but not sure, have been hurt so can't crawl under it right now.

Aftermarket adjustable tracbar? All bolts tight/bushings good?
Toe set to spec? Tires balanced? TRE's good on the draglink?

Yes on the trackbar, yes on bolts, bushings on drag link kinda suck. Tires are balanced and new. Not sure about the toe, but it was driving fine one day and then BAM death of the wobble set in.

You said you're running Rough Country LCAs. The bushings from RC are known for sucking. Maybe they're worn out?

felt fine when I changed out the wheel bearings, no play in them.

My XJ right now have death wobble. Looking, twisting and shaking everything revealed nothing out of normal. However, removal of the steering knuckle revealed a bad upper ball joint.

I'm going to get up under her (so to speak) and check everything mentioned out....hopefully it's just something small. But I do need an excuse to buy something new :)

Back