• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Harlan on the brain

NAXJA Forum User
Am I alone in that I've got Harlan on the brain?

I've not traveled a lot in my life but I've been all over the SE USA. Scuba diving, rock climbing, white water rafting, hiking, biking (pedal and motorcycles), hunting, fishing, wheeling (rocks, sand, mud) hot air ballooning, camping...probably a few things I've missed.

I'm from St Louis originally so I now that area pretty well too.

But I cannot get Harlan out of my head at all and have never in my life wanted to go somewhere so badly!! I find my self daydreaming about it...trying to figure out if I really have to come home after the Crawl...and worse still trying to figure out if I can get up there any earlier!!

Ok...I'm weird but it was such a blast last year!!!!

Harlan is a good time and there is so much to do there. You are no nuttier than the rest of us.

Go to Moab.......your vacations afterwards will get much more expensive! :D

Go to Moab.......your vacations afterwards will get much more expensive! :D

That's scary! I've been setting money aside literally since we got home last year just to go to Harlan this year.

I hope they have fixed that washout on the way over the mountain. That got sketchy not to mention successfully ate a shock or two. Especially with the recent storm.

The one on the way up the mountain? That was sketchy coming down Saturday in the rain.

Yeah right there at the split to go up to Upper Rock Garden.

This will be my first crawl and I am super excited. This will be the first time my wife and kids have camped out with me and rode trails as well. I cant wait.

You think you can't wait now...wait until it's this time next year and you KNOW what's there!!! :D

Good to know. My wife has been begging to go riding, so I plan on breaking her in on this ride.

Good one to do it on. This group and this ride is one of the best I have ever attended. Probably why I set my vacation to it every year for the last 11 years!

Weird? Did someone say weird?
This is gonna be fun!
:yap:
Wait, calm down Dave, it's ok. I am talking to myself. No I am not.
Did you say weird?

I see Jeep People.........(fade to black.)

Back