• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

springs and heims

CAJJ93XJ

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I need to order some taller coils for the front of my build and was thinking about going with these. from what I've read, the stiffer the better so I was going to grab the 250# progressives. but they offer 200# and 220#. any objections? or should I just go pick up some regular coils for a little cheaper

http://www.racingsprings.com/Jeep-Speed-Lift-Springs/PAC-JP22x4.0x250P/Item/1647

also, anyone able to see the image? I tried calling but they're closed for the day. so I can't tell what color they are (hoping they're plain black)

also, I probably have to shorten my 3 link arms by 2". I'm currently running bushings at the frame but since I have to shorten it I was thinking about just changing to heims. only thing I'm worried about is ripping off a mount! I'm not racing here but I do play wanna-be ultra4 every once in awhile..

I've run hard joints at all ends of my three link and its setup similar to yours. I haven't had one problem yet after three years and some of the hardest trails in Arizona.

We run the 4" PAC 250# progressives on the Team Naxja car.

They aren't quite as stiff as the Deavers (which are 245/285 progressive) but the height worked better for us.

They are bright orange.

so whats the price on the Deavers? Jake , this has me wanting to look into new coils. I run RE 5.5s with 2 or 3 rings cut off. where did you get them in sacramento?

I swapped out RE 5.5's for Deaver springs. The RE springs were way too soft and allowed for a ton of body roll and lean on the trail. For me, The deavers are way better. They ride great and are more stable.

so whats the price on the Deavers? Jake , this has me wanting to look into new coils. I run RE 5.5s with 2 or 3 rings cut off. where did you get them in sacramento?

$290 shipped :shocked: they had to order them from deaver in SoCal. I don't remember the name of the shop but they're in Rocklin. If you go to the deaver site and search distributors you'll see them on the map. If you find them cheaper dont tell me lol

I swapped out RE 5.5's for Deaver springs. The RE springs were way too soft and allowed for a ton of body roll and lean on the trail. For me, The deavers are way better. They ride great and are more stable.

Dude this is great to know. its stable unloaded, especially with the Pro Crack added now. loaded is another story. I threw a dirt bike on the hitch, 2 or 3 more people, tons of gear, couple coolers, and parts, 3 linked, and camping gear,(lots of gear) along with a 14b and hp44 frame plated in 1/4" in most spots, and cage and more metal everywhere it sways way more on road than Id like going downhill into turns. I think I might have to go PAC or Deaver soon. lots of pulling to the right and other weird crap. time to deal with caster and links again. and new rear leaves.

Last edited:
$290 shipped :shocked: they had to order them from deaver in SoCal. I don't remember the name of the shop but they're in Rocklin. If you go to the deaver site and search distributors you'll see them on the map. If you find them cheaper dont tell me lol

is the T and R or whatever out there? the guys that do the antirock kits and the coil overs?

Doesn't sound familiar. I'd look up the name if I wasn't on my slow ass phone. I'm pretty excited to be running progressives though. Jon are you running heims all around?

yep. ruffstuff 1.25 for all 3 links, and 7/8 for the track bar. ruffstuff is close to us and cheap in Person with cash, otherwise i would have gone for better hiems but these things are holding up fine .

so the RE 5.5s are supposed to be 240, I run some with 2 rings cut off which should increase the spring rate. I am wondering if it will really help me at all?

My REs seem stiff unloaded, with the 2 rings cut, I figure I'm around 215 rate. , but as soon as the rig is loaded up, its gets some body roll. I have access to some RE 7.5s that are cut down that I will cut down more and see where that gets me , if that sucks, i might try the bronco deavers below.

Also, so the the RE 5.5s are either 185 or 240 ??? I was assuming the 190ish range, I run some with 2 rings cut off which should increase the spring rate.

I just found these deavers for a bronco. might try em since they are about 100$ cheaper.
http://broncograveyard.com/bronco/i-33510-80-96-5-5-extreme-coil-springs-csf64.html

Last edited:
Back