• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuel

Lowrange2

NAXJA Forum User
How far is a gas station from event HQ? I'd imagine the more thirsty rigs are going to need to fuel up before hitting the trails every morning.

About 10 minutes to Harlan from the campground. It is a good idea for everybody to start the day with a full or close to full tank; you never know how long you will be on the mountain.

7 miles if you go to Harlan from the campground. If you run into Evarts, it is close to the trailhead. Guys with unregistered rigs use the stations in Evarts as they allow ATV's and 4x4's in town with no tags.

About 10 minutes to Harlan from the campground. It is a good idea for everybody to start the day with a full or close to full tank; you never know how long you will be on the mountain.

This. First year I went I started day two on less than half a tank. Wasn't a good feeling when my gas light came on while on the trail.

My MJ still has Harlan gas in it...that's how little I've driven it since the last Crawl.

Good gas though...LOL... crank it up every weekend just for a few minutes.

I drive mine around the yard every now and then but it hasn't left my house since about 3 months before the baby was born. Her 1st birthday is coming up next month.

Someone told me there was a gas station 100 yards from the Putney Trailhead. I've always camped in Evarts so it hasn't been an issue.
36.915060, -83.191552

It certainly looks like a gas station.

Gas_zpsbdf3c01c.jpg

It no longer sells fuel. It is just a convenience store now.

Must be an old pic as the last year it was selling gas was 2008-2009. When we went back in 2010, the fuel pumps were gone.

Back