• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Kingsley Reservoir - 4/19

TORX

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Bmikes and I hit up the trails at Kingsley Reservoir this past Saturday.

PapaTORX decided to ride along with me for the day. My dad's only been wheeling with me two other times (TSF), and that was years ago. So this was already starting out to be a unique run.

In the morning I found myself running a bit late, so I decided to gas up on the way out of Vancouver. Well it turns out I pushed my luck a bit too far, and on the way to the gas station the Nail Salon started sputtering. Whoops, out of petrol! We were already off to a great start. :D

PapaTORX" You know these things run just as well on the top half of the tank, right?"

After a brief delay, we eventually met up with Brandon in Gresham, 0900. From Gresham, Kingsley Reservoir is a little over an hour away. Brandon and I were aired down and ready to hit the trails shortly after 10:00.

First little poser area we got to. I took the high line over the rock, slammed down on my slider, and proceeded to test my off camber abilities. PapaTORX, "Oh my god, I thought we were going to tip over!" :D (photo cred to Bmikes)
80A6F4EE-B8A1-447E-913A-294FAA1A10EB.jpg

Brandon's latest build, "Red Rocket" was out for it's first shake down run.
B248B04F-25E0-423B-A3F3-60D2BF8EA4AD.jpg

With a group of two great models, Brandon and I made quick work of the 197 trail. We took our time getting through a few technical spots, but mostly just crawled along.

At the end of the day we got to the large rock garden. Now it was time for the fun to begin.
7C254EE0-1E4D-4E15-B52E-4D18175DB923.jpg

52F05577-1467-46C7-9B89-82586B40A170.jpg

:cool:
F9525D61-A799-49CC-BE72-7CBF745F4F09.jpg

9E303893-C57C-46FE-9EB5-8609C930008D.jpg

After a clean run through the rocks, Brandon and I made our way back to the staging area to toss some air in the tires. All said and done, we spanked Kingsley Reservoir in an easy four day.

Heading home over the Bridge of the Gods.
44C454F0-098E-494C-B7BA-77244D02EFDE.jpg

Great day!

Kingsley was a good time. After little late start.. Huh huh hum ... We got out to the staging area and aired down. Then from there we were off!
bumuqe5u.jpg

upa4uvyb.jpg

uhy6yre8.jpg

The reservoir
dyrabu6e.jpg

ba8a4yba.jpg

Dustin defying the laws of physics
detere8y.jpg

ha7adu4a.jpg

Pooossssserrrrrr
quqa5edu.jpg

y3y9ymyj.jpg

The green machine.. I mean uh.. Nail salon in it's natural habitat
tugahy7a.jpg

Poser x2.....
a9y4ygeb.jpg

That dam I84 was the hardest obstacle of the day... Almost lost my flare!! My copilot was like uh... You got something flapping over here... Haha so I pulled over and got it.

It was a great day on the trail! Awesome meeting papaTorx, and gunner. I'm looking forward to camping for a weekend out there this summer! :D

Back