• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Renix Hayden Fan Controler install ?'s

dakinejb

NAXJA Forum User
I found a Hayden fan controller in the garage. Can I run this on a Renix?

Would I just wire it up as I would any other car or there a trick to it.

I thought there was something about both wires on the fan being hot or something?

Can some one set me straight?

Thanks

I have had a Hayden unit controlling my '93 E-fan for about 7 years. '93 is, of course, not a Renix but it is similar as respects wiring in that you do not have to worry about CELs that you have to worry about with OBDII years. You can simply parallel the existing fan wiring (which I did) or eliminate the current wiring and use just the Hayden controller.

Just for info, the fan motor would not run with two hot leads. One lead has to be a ground.

Just curious if you are having a problem with the fan operation or are you just wanting something more reliable that the switch in the radiator.

Ok Thanks.

My temp switch went out. I ran a switch from those wires. And that works.

I just found a controller that I had on a old Cougar. I am going to use it so when someone other than myself drives it I don't have to worry about them remembering to flip the switch.

Makes sense.

Since you have wired in a switch you pretty much know what you are doing but get back if you don't have the Hayden schematic and need some help. I would have to confirm but I'm pretty sure I used the 12v lead to the ballast resistor as a trigger to have the fan run only while the engine is running. I ran an always hot wire directly from the battery but you already have a hot wire for your switch.

Let us know.

Back