• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Full Traction brackets installed with Frame stiffeners?

philagony94xj

NAXJA Forum User
Looking for some real world experience with using both these items together. Frame stiffeners whether it's HD offroad, TNT, Ruffstuff and Full Traction long arm brackets.

Which goes on first? Brackets, then install the modified stiffeners around them? Stiffeners, then install the brackets over them?

I know the brackets are bolt-on but could they be welded on? They are not like a TNT crossmember where they have to be removed to service the drivetrain.

Just thinking out-loud here. This info might answer some questions others might have as well.

Thanks for the links guys. Good info in those. I'm sold on the FT Long Arms. Seems the brackets are somewhat forgiving as to being mounted over the frame stiffeners. I'm sure I can make them work together just fine.

Are the Heims they use for the lowers legal for street use though (DD)? I'm sure I can change them out for something else if need be, say Currie JJ's that are greasable. I won't be racing through the desert anytime soon.

I have the HD stiffeners and FT long arm kit. I had to slot the holes to get things to line up. I emailed them first and they said they hadn't heard of the issue yet(?)

If your rails have been dinged up, and/or you didn't get the stiffeners welded on perfectly. Its pretty tough to get the brackets that go on over the rails and stiffeners to line up right.

Back